The Law Offices of James G. Graver, P.A., represent Lake Worth car accident victims who have suffered bone fractures due to a careless driver’s mistake. Our car accident lawyers secure full support for our clients so they have what they need to recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
We provide a free, no-obligation case consultation to all victims with serious injuries. Contact us to schedule a confidential case review. It’s a chance to determine what your injury is worth and to find out how to hold car insurance companies fully liable.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Lake Worth Car Accident?
If you suffer a serious injury, like a broken arm, in a traffic accident and another driver is to blame, you should speak to a local car accident attorney about how to hold that driver fully accountable.
When you suffer a broken bone, the cost of care you’ll require often doubles or triples. Car insurance companies for at-fault drivers get nervous about these costs. They are well-practiced in finding ways to transfer blame to you for an accident you didn’t cause. They may also try to minimize how serious your fractured bones are, just to make you more likely to accept a smaller settlement.
Don’t fall for these tactics. A Lake Worth Car Accident Lawyer protects you from these unfair strategies and works to secure the most for your bone fracture injury as possible.
Common Broken Bone Injuries in Car Accidents
Doctors at Delray Medical Center’s Emergency Department or the Emergency Room at JFK Hospital see the many different types of bone fractures resulting from car collisions.
They find broken bones ranging from hairline to compound fractures. Sometimes a smaller break doesn’t even cause the victim pain until a day or two after a crash.
These are just a few of the traumatic injuries that victims may come out of a car accident with:
- Broken Arms – The humerus (upper arm bone) can break. The radius and ulna bones in the forearm might suffer a hairline fracture. The bones that form the wrist and elbow joints can suffer damage. Victims might end up with broken fingers.
- Broken Legs – A car crash is one of the few accidents that carries enough blunt force to break the biggest bone in the body, the femur (upper leg bone). The tibia and fibula bones in the lower leg are much easier to fracture. A break in a foot or ankle bone can make recovery difficult while patients can’t move around without help.
- Skull Fractures – A broken skull can put the brain at risk. Victims can suffer brain bleeding and even seizures.
- Vertebrae Fractures – The spine is also vulnerable in a traffic accident. The vertebrae bones that protect the spinal cord can be compressed or pulled apart and suffer painful cracks.
- Chest Injuries – The clavicle (collarbone), the sternum (breastbone), and the ribs are also vulnerable. They can crack in the impact with a steering wheel, a car dash, a car door, a seat, and even your own seatbelt.
- Hip and Pelvic Bones – These important joints can stop working properly if even one bone is broken. Car accident victims can have extreme forces unleashed on these joints when their legs are jammed into the floorboard of the car.
Compensation for Broken Bones After Car Accidents
Victims enduring broken bones in traffic accidents on busy local roads like I-95 and Highway 1 can often require weeks of expensive care to fully recover.
They may need surgeries when bones don’t heal in alignment. Patients could require many months of physical therapy to learn to walk or grip a pen or cell phone again. All of these hardships must be considered when deciding how much support to seek from a car insurance provider.
These and other damages would all factor into how big a broken bone settlement check would need to be:
- Money to pay current hospital bills and those expected to arrive in the future.
- Lifelong support for victims who suffer permanent disabilities.
- Travel costs for doctor’s appointments during a time when victims may be unable to drive. Patients could be in a cast or using a wheelchair.
- Reimbursement for the paychecks victims lose while missing work during recovery.
- Money to pay for car repairs or for a new vehicle.
- Support for the physical pain patients endure.
- Support for the emotional trauma caused by a violent crash and a difficult recovery.
- Support for a loss of enjoyment of life while dealing with traumatic injuries. Victims may not be able to participate in family activities or hobbies.
- Support for the loss of consortium. The loss of intimacy with a partner.
Contact a Lake Worth Car Accident Lawyer
Our firm knows how difficult it can be to deal with car insurance companies after a traffic accident. Don’t do it alone. Allow the Law Offices of James G. Graver, P.A., to fight on your behalf to earn the full amount of compensation available for your losses.
We are committed to working to make sure that you have all of the resources available so that you can fully recover from your injury or loss. Contact us today to schedule your free and confidential case accident case consultation. There’s no obligation, but if you feel we can help you earn more to support the cost of recovery from a broken bone, you won’t need any money to hire us. We work on a contingency basis. That means we don’t get paid unless we win your case for you and your family. Then our attorney fee comes out of the settlement money you are awarded.